![]() |
| They went through two containers of lemonade |
Saturday, April 7, 2012
Entrepreneurs
Last week STL saw some pretty high temps for this time of year. Over 90 degrees! The kids had the idea to set up a lemonade stand in the front yard. They drug the table and chairs and made the sign while I made the lemonade. I figured they would drink most of the proceeds and have maybe one or two customers. Surprisingly a lot of people thought lemonade sounded good on a hot Sunday afternoon! They had probably 15 cars stop and several walkers/joggers smile and wave. In a little over an hour they made $24.01! The sign Ahren made said proceeds went to charity. We had good discussions about giving, saving and spending. Ahren is donating almost half of his earnings while the girls opted for the 10% rule.
I'm proud of the kids for taking the initiative to set up the stand and for sticking it out in the heat for over an hour. I see several more stands in our summer future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment