My youngest is now at the quotable age! I love this age! Here are some of Maria's latest:
The girls were sitting on the porch waiting for grandma to arrive. I heard them say hello to someone. When they came in I asked who they were talking to. Maria replied "a park ranger". Annie piped in, "it wasn't a park ranger, it was a stranger!" Maria went on "mom, can we talk to park rangers?" My reply was "yes, park rangers are ok to talk to - but it's not always good to talk to strangers" Love that!
There was a squirrel on our picnic table outside. When I pointed this out to Maria, her response was "Let's kill it!!" Can you tell her daddy is a hunter??
Maria: "mom, is God stronger than everything?"
Me: "yes He is, Maria.
Maria: "even soccer balls?"
Failing to see the correlation here...
At bedtime:
Me: "Maria, what would you like to thank God for today?"
Maria: "ceilings"
Maria: "mom, does God like food?"
Me: "what do you think, Maria?"
Maria: "Yes, I think He likes raccoon food"
Where she comes up with some of these is beyond me. I want to remember these sweet moments though!
Yummmm raccoon food!!!!! Tasty!!!! :) I live all your kidos quotes...
ReplyDelete