Monday, December 24, 2012

Ahren's first meet

Ahren started wrestling this year.  He's 7.  How he can be that old already is beyond me.  But, here we are.  Our weekends have been filled with wrestling tournaments for years as we watch Tim coach, but when your own son is out there on the mat, something changes.  I am not competitive.  Some moms are.  Those moms scare me because I can't understand why they would want their seven year old to hurt my seven year old.  I understand what the idea of wrestling is.  Win, obviously.  But when other coaches and moms are so fired up that they are stomping and screaming, something inside of me withers and I resort to tears.  I hate when that happens, but I can't control it.  

So, fortunately he had a very successful first tournament.  He won both of his matches and felt like a hero!  I was SO proud of him.  He was very focused and walked like the weight of the world was on his shoulders.  But, he won!
The view of the six mats before the wrestling began
A medal!
I know there are years ahead of us for me to get used this, and I'm thankful for that.  He will get stronger and bigger and be successful because his heart is big.  He's already started doing push ups and sit ups each evening  So sweet to watch his little determined heart act on his loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment