Sunday, October 14, 2012

Annie is Five

My little bubbly, happy, fun girl who loves to hug, turned 5 this week.  Seems so hard to believe.  She won't start Kindergarten until next fall so, to me, she seems young since she's not 'school-age' yet.  But, she's 5!  The age where they start remembering things that happen.  I have many memories from being five.  And I hope she remembers the year she wanted to have a 'chicken birthday party'.  I have no idea where she came up with the theme, but for weeks I've been asking her what kind of party she would like.  Her answer was always the same, without hesitation: "I want a chicken party".  She didn't want to eat chicken, only have a chicken cake and decorations.  

So, I set out to figure out exactly how to make a chicken cake.  Luckily, Pinterest now exists in our world.  For our game, we had an egg hunt (chickens lay eggs!) and inside each egg was a letter.  After all the eggs were found, the cousins had to unscramble it to see the message.  It was pretty windy day, so I didn't get a pic of the message assembled.  It said "Happy Birthday, Annie!"

Chicken cake (recipe from Taste of Home)
Let the egg hunt begin! 


Unscrambling the message

This guy was pretty little to unscramble letters, so he and daddy just jumped for a while!
Love this shot of her
Egg hunt casualty - nothing a little ice pack couldn't cure
Present time!  Notice her FEATHER boa :)
She really never stopped smiling the whole day

She spied this stuffed animal at Sam's last week and didn't stop talking about it all week.
Admiring her cake 





We had a little dirt cake with our chicken cake...because chickens like dirt and worms, right?



New jammies and new stuffed animal - all ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment